Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Christmas UFO finish.. and some wallets ...

I do seem to have a collection of stitcheries that I finished and thats as far as I went with them..... so I am trying to get some into projects.

This little house stitchery is one of Michelle's designs.... I think I have had it several years.... it was certainly in my UFO list for a while!



anyhow, I still have some smaller pieces of my lovely tree fabric so I put on borders (my latest fad is that little 1/4" flange/peeper on the edge of a project), basic quilting, binding and I found the perfect hanger at my LQS and I have a UFO finish.... yay de yay de yay....



I have to admit I find it hard thinking up things to make with my stitcheries...... a lot seem to become mini quilts/wallhangings...

These little wallets have been waiting for some attention..... I had two prepared but sewed one wrong to now it got adapted into a small one.... which a grandiegirl I think will enjoy....


my little one just has the single pocket.....


They don't take long at all to make and I think I should do more... nice little gifts...

Righto, Gotto Go.....  since I made up a stitchery into something I should find a new one to stitch ????? .......

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona oh this is so cute,i love the stitchery design and those purses are too cute,perfect for a grandie girl,well done my friend on your beautiful finishes,yep i think you should be allowed to start a new stitchery,lol xx

Karen S said...

Great finish with the stitchery. It is hard to find places for all that we make.
The little purses look lovely!

Jeanette said...

What a cute little stitchery. Love how you finished it. The purses are very nice. Hugs, xx

Sheila said...

Your little stitchery looks fantastic done this way and aren't those little wallets fun to make .

Maria said...

Perfect fabric for the cute Christmas stitchery.Made a nice little hanging.
The wee purses are lovely and I'm sure the grandie girls will love them or their Mums...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love the colourway in the stitchery and those purses are so cute xx

The Sloan Patch said...

Lovely stitchery. You deserve a gold star for taking it out and finishing it - the wall hanging is beautul. That blue is a lovely change - I tend to do all of my Christmas projects in red x

Helen said...

Cute wallets and stitchery

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh that is too adorable - what a fun little wallhanging!! I too seem to make up nothing but wall hangings, lol, never quite sure what to do with them, but they look wonderful on the wall. Those wallets are darling as well!

Louise said...

A cute couple of finishes! You really can't have too many mini quilt wall hangings, can you? And of course wallets are always useful :)

kiwikid said...

Of course a new stitchery should be started!!! A finish = a new start!! Lovely finishes you have done, the wallets are very cute and the wall hanging lovely.

Motherdragon's Musings said...

Your stitchsry is so cute. And your wallets are super. Great work. Making me think I should pull out some stitcheries that I have earmarked to do.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I love the winter wallhanging... and I have some of those little wallets that are ufos and need to be finished! I might drag them out because I think they are here in Oz... xx

Raewyn said...

Isn't the tree fabric perfect for the hanging?! Great job briging it to life! And the little wallets are cute too, you're right, they will make perfect gifts :-)

Lin said...

Perfect little hanging - that framing fabric is gorgeous. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

nice projects finished.......I love peeps......

Related Posts with Thumbnails
>